In order to create a user account, submit interest to open positions and to receive communications regarding your submission, you will need to have an email address. You can click on one of these selections to create a free email account: Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail.
Due to exciting business growth, we are looking for a Packaging Engineer in Elyria, Ohio.
The Packaging Engineer II will work closely with the Ryder Transportation Management team and the customer to modify packaging and trailer/container utilization resulting in lower transportation costs.
- Maintain KPIs, metrics and the project tracking log upon customer approval
- Support packaging compliance by managing the specification of the approval process: identify package specifications that do not meet packaging guidelines, communicate with project stakeholders to ensure timely implementation and approval of the packaging specification and follow up on activities to ensure packaging implementation and compliance
- 2+ years experience
- Packaging degree or equivalent experience (i.e.: automotive packaging or industrial engineering packaging experience)
- Attention to detail mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced skills with Excel and Access
- Cost savings experience
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to solve problems and think outside of the box
- Position may include travel to suppliers and customers manufacturing plants
The Supply Chain Engineering Manager will be responsible for analysis and utilization of continuous improvement methodology to lead the design of complex Supply Chain Solutions for current and future operations. Responsible for the Management of other engineers. Provides regular and proactive communications to customers and Ryder Senior Management.
The Data Engineer III role is to interpret the business logic required to turn a complex idea into a sustainable value add process. The Data Engineer ensures the data is usable and viable with near real-time reporting, delivering solutions to the problems presented. The Data Engineer is expected to be an expert of systems. This individual will work on cutting edge data technology by being a key contributor on Ryder's Azure Data Lake and analytics initiatives, as an expert in this field. They will partner with the Data Scientist Team to source and cleanse data. This person will build patterns to move to the Product Team. The Data Engineer III will use their skills as an expert of data structures specific to Transportation and Warehouse operating systems and demonstrate how to turn this data into concrete value-add for the business. On this team, a Data Engineer will get the chance to be the expert of data, collaborating with Data Analysts and Scientists, using all their skills in order to exploit data to drive the business forward. The Engineer pushes the envelope of what is possible in the big data space for streaming live data into a data lake; moving data from raw replication, to cleansed, to an aggregated solution for the analytics team to leverage.