In order to create a user account, submit interest to open positions and to receive communications regarding your submission, you will need to have an email address. You can click on one of these selections to create a free email account: Yahoo Mail, Gmail, Hotmail.
The Solution Design Manager is aligned by either industry verticals or by design discipline and helps manage the new business pursuit team and individual opportunities. This position may manage a sub-set of pursuit team members or act as a independent team member to help successfully lead the pursuit from start to finish throughout the various stages of the pursuit all the way through successful transition during startup. Key activities include:
- Manage a sub-set of SD team members or act an independent contributor, specializing in select design discipline (transportation, warehousing or network design) or industry solutions (e.g., packaging, inbound to manufacturing, integrated transportation, temp controlled)
- Mentor & advise a sub-set of SD team members on modeling and design techniques to create, re-design, or optimize logistics networks
- Act as a specific solution design specialist, usually more (but not required) than one discipline
- Effectively communicate the design and solution to internal stake holders & the client
- Use advance analytical techniques and concepts to understand the business
Ryder’s Solution Design (SD) associates are responsible to support the growth of our Supply Chain Solutions & Dedicated Transportation Solution offerings by developing, designing and winning new business through:
- Designing solutions that deliver financial value to our Customers
- Demonstrating an understanding of our Customer’s business
- Providing feasible designs that are aligned with our Customer’s needs
- Helping the pursuit team with shaping wins plans consistent with our solution design
- Providing sustainable designs that are aligned with Ryder’s operational & technical capabilities
- Writing and delivering a compelling proposal that influences the customer decision to select Ryder
- Support awarded business throughout the startup process, successfully transitioning design and proposal assumptions to Operations and SCE CI resources through the Customer Due Diligence process
The Data Scientist III role is to wrangle data into a usable form, moving the interpretation of the data from descriptive and diagnostic into building prescriptive and predictive algorithms to solve Ryder's toughest problems. A Data Scientist will drive Ryder toward the cutting edge of what comes next. The Data Scientist III is expected to be an expert of algorithms and knows the balance of the Art of Modeling. This position will work on cutting edge data technology by being a key user on Ryder's Azure Data Lake driving the analytics initiatives as an expert in this field. The Data Scientist III will showcase their skills as an expert of machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms, by utilizing the perfect blend of data with the right use-cases to turn Ryder's data into concrete value-add for the business. On this team, a Data Scientist will get the chance to be the machine learning expert, collaborating with Data Engineers and Analysts, using all their skills in order to exploit data to drive the business forward. The Scientist pushes the envelope of what is possible in the big data space; streaming live data into a data lake and experimenting with data in the data sandbox. As discoveries are made, the Scientist helps facilitate the movement of the algorithms into a core solution to support the business.